Barbara and Richard Franke at the 25th Anniversary Celebration (2015)

FOUNDERS AND DONORS

For thirty years, the Institute's founders and donors have supported both its daily operations and the steady expansion of its programs in the humanities and the arts.

 

Barbara E. and Richard J. Franke have supported the Institute since its founding in 1990. Their contributions were recognized in 1998 when the Institute was re-named in their honor. The Frankes’ generosity is recognized in the Franke Faculty Fellowships, the Franke Dissertation Completion Fellowships, and in the Barbara E. and Richard J. Franke Distinguished Service Professorship, held by the Institute’s director.

 

In addition, Dissertation Completion Fellowships are awarded through a grant from Fred McDougal and Nancy Lauter McDougal, and grants from two members of the Visiting Committee to the Division of the Humanities (now the Humanities Council). 

 

The Institute's Adelyn Russell Bogert Fund enables the Institute to make grants for events about the arts, especially film and visual arts. 

 

Through contributions from the members of the Visiting Committee to the Division of the Humanities (now the Humanities Council), the Institute presents the Franke Forums every year, a series of three lectures given by distinguished members of the University faculty for alumni and friends at the University's downtown Gleacher Center.

 

The Institute's programs have also benefited from the support of an anonymous donor.

1100 East 57th Street, JRL S-102

Chicago, Illinois 60637

 

773-702-8274

franke-humanities@uchicago.edu

facebook.png
twitter.png
youtube.png
UC_HUM_reversed-01.png